What is the Welcome Resources Information Program (WRIP)?
Are you new to Canada? Do you want help finding the services you need? The Welcome Resources Information Program (WRIP) is an information service to help guide you through all the different programs and services available in Calgary. We want to help you understand your new home in Canada.
WRIP brings different organizations in Calgary together to provide useful help for newcomers. We can help you with:
- Traveling by public transit (bus or C-train),and buying a low-cost bus pass
- Joining social groups and meeting new people
- Finding a place of worship like a mosque, church, or synagogue
- Applying for documents like aSocial Insurance Number or Alberta Health Card
- Referral to programs for language, employment, settlement, etc.
Permanent Resident, Refugee, Canadian Citizen, or Work Permits/Work Visas
WRIP is available by appointment only
NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 situation in Alberta, this service is temporarily being offered online.
No Registration Cost
WRIP is offered during regular operation hours.
|WRIP Operating Schedule|
|Hours of Operations||Book An Appointment||Book An Appointment||Book An Appointment||Book An Appointment||Book An Appointment||Book An Appointment|
Funded / Supported By