What is New Immigrant Women Becoming Entrepreneurs (NIWBE)?
Do you want to grow your own business? Are you facing challenges in expanding your business? Do you need specific training, support, or mentorship? Do you want to be connected with other entrepreneurs to help you become successful?
Then NIWBE is the right program for you!
We understand the challenges New Immigrant Women face when starting and developing their own business. NIWBE was created to provide personalized training, mentorship, and one-on-one coaching for new immigrant women in a small class setting and to address those challenges.
This program is the step in the right direction for any idea, project, or dream that you may have. From selling the goods you create at home, to creating the new “it” thing, we can help you build your new business empire!
- Business Fundamentals
- Market Research and Business Opportunity Planning
- Business Plan Development
- Register a business, permits, and licenses
- Accounting and Taxes
- Banking and Finances
- Sales and Marketing
- Networking Bootcamp and more!
- Personalized entrepreneurship skills training with experts in each field
- Small class-setting
- One-on-one setting
- Support throughout the 10-week program
- Business workshops
- Networking events to expand your business reach
- Fairs to showcase product/service
- Mentoring and coaching after completion of the program
- After program completion, NIWBE will advertise your business on their website and on social media
- Childcare available on-site
Upon completion of the program, the participants will become Alumni and will have the opportunity to continue in an ongoing mentorship process with the community of industry professionals that they have worked alongside during the program.
Permanent Resident, Refugee, Low-income Canadian, or women with open work permits
Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) 5 or higher
Commitment to in-person classes, seminar attendance, and mentorship activity participation
Strong interest in starting or growing a business
First Class Start Date
10 weeks – 3 days per week for 3 hours
Weekly mentoring/coaching sessions
TIES Whitehorn Campus
3820 – 32 Street N.E., Calgary, AB, T1Y 7L9
No Registration Cost