How Can We Help?
Making maple syrup taffy in the snow is an old French-Canadian tradition. Here are the instructions and a video if you would like to see how it is done:
Easy and Delicious Maple Syrup Candy
Ingredients and Directions:
- 2 cups real maple syrup
- 4 litres of clean, fresh snow
- 10-15 wooden popsicle sticks
- Pour the maple syrup into a medium or large pot, and put it over medium-high heat. Bring it to a boil, stirring with a wooden spoon. Use a candy thermometer to check when the syrup reaches 112C – 118C. When the syrup reaches this point, take it off the stove.
- Bring the syrup and a metal spoon to the snow. Pour about 2 tablespoons (Tbsp) of syrup over the snow in a long line.
- Take 1 wooden popsicle stick and place it on the end of the line of syrup, Start rolling the syrup up and around the wooden stick until all of the syrup has been picked up. Enjoy!