TIES is proud to be a Gateway Partner!
Gateway is a new collaboration between community organizations designed to help immigrants and refugees to Alberta navigate their new home successfully.
Immigrants arriving in Alberta often find themselves navigating a confusing web of services, attending unnecessary appointments, and enduring the frustration of repeating their story to different service agencies, in hopes of getting the help they need.
Gateway offers newcomers one landing place to get the support they need to meet their economic, social, and civic potential.
This new model acts as a personal guide, by capturing each newcomers’ priorities, capabilities, and needs to create a personalized plan. This plan refers them directly to each service that best meet their needs and circumstances. Newcomers share their story and their aspirations, once. Their services are coordinated from there, connecting them to a variety of services in the community that are right for them.
We are proud to work alongside our Gateway partners to ensure newcomers are connected to the right service at the right agency every time, helping pave the way to a brighter future for all newcomers in our community.
- Create a standardized system for intake, assessment and referrals for all newcomers to Alberta.
- Develop a client-centric model, capabilities-based around the newcomer.
- Make it easier for newcomers to access services, improve the effectiveness of referrals, and follow the newcomers’ journey to integration (enhanced client outcomes tracking).
- Increase collaboration amongst agencies to better understand service uptake, recognize gaps and create a knowledge hub for partners and researchers.
- Allow for more sector resources to be directed toward client program development and delivery through improved efficiencies from standardization and data analysis.